2022 bESTology-Week 10
bESTology-Week 10 Where's The Guidance?
- Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGV)
- Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR)
Students will review the two types of autonomous vehicles to understand the functions and programming to meet the autonomous needs.
Students will further examine the functioning and meaning of Autonomous and the difference between guided and mobile robots.
Research/Reflect/Brainstorm – Time to think and expand your knowledge!
Grab your BEST Journal, notebook or online doc for notes to document your learning. Use various sources such as books, magazines, and websites from below to learn more about energy, forms of energy, consequences, and possibilities.
Use various sources such as the links and videos below, textbooks, magazines etc. to answer the
- What are some of the functions of AMRs?
- What are some of the functions for AVGs?
- Why is it important to understand the difference between AMR and AVG?
Online Resources – list all links to material useful for research about the lesson topic
- Functions of Robots
- 7 Applications for AMRs
- AVG VS AMR
- Autonomous Robots
- Applications for AVGs
- Augmented Autonomy: The Future of Autonomous Robots
- Magnetic Path AVG
- AMRs in Action-BMW-Video
- Functions for Autonomous Robots-Video
- What Are Autonomous Robots Used For?
- DHL & Autonomous Robots-Video
- The Difference of Autonomous and Remote Controlled Robots-Video
Activity – In small collaborative groups or individually share your learning with your team and school or community. Creation instructions for the different activities are accessed by the links.
BEST Connection – make connection(s) between the lesson and BEST Robotics program
- Create an entry for your Engineering Notebook sharing what you learned from your research and how it will help your team.
- Create an infographic or poster sharing information what Autonomous Function for your Engineering Notebook
Community Connection – make connection(s) between the lesson and your community
- Create a short documentary movie about the Function of Autonomous Robots can be used to benefit your community.
- Be sure to cite the sources and resources you used for your learning and projects by creating a Bibliography page in your project with the name of the websites and URL addresses
- Be sure to include the sources and resources used in your Engineering Notebook by adding the name of the websites, books etc. and the URL address
Remember-content vocabulary: autonomic, autonomous, human interaction, order picking, zones, fulfillment, warehouse,
Understand-research to learn more about automation and autonomous
Apply-taking notes and synthesizing meaning from resources to build their knowledge
Analyze-determine the pros and cons of automation and autonomous
Evaluate-resources used for research to answer questions and develop notebook entry
Create-Engineering Notebook entry, Activity/Project completed and shared
Critical Thinking, Analyzing and Evaluating information, Creating, Writing, Research, Communication, Problem Solving, Collaboration
Automatic, autonomous, quality, controlled, human interaction, sensors strategies, gyroscopes,
methods, design, function, orientation, mapping, navigation, guided, AVR, AVG
My Personal Journal