2022 bESTology-Week 8
Which Way What?
- Path Orientation-Gyroscopes
Students will understand how sensors and Gyroscopes assist the orientation of an autonomous robot.
Students will continuing learning about sensors with learning about Gyroscopes. This is a special type of sensor that provides the orientation an autonomous robot needs to function.
Research/Reflect/Brainstorm – Time to think and expand your knowledge!
Grab your BEST Journal, notebook or online doc for notes to document your learning. Use various sources such as books, magazines, and websites from below to learn more about energy, forms of energy, consequences, and possibilities.
Use various sources such as the links and videos below, textbooks, magazines etc. to answer the
- How is a Gyroscope a sensor?
- What are some of the ways a Gyroscope is a sesor?
- How do sensors and a Gyroscope support the function and purpose of automation?
Online Resources – list all links to material useful for research about the lesson topic
- Making Sense of AMR Robots
- What Does a Gyro Do?
- Robotic Sensors
- Path Planning and Guidance Techniques
- How a Gyro works with Autonomous Robots
- Using a Gyro
- How Gyroscopes Work-Video
- How To Get Your Robot from A to B-Video
- How to Think About Programming for a Gyroscope-Video
- Go To Goal & Obstacle Avoidance-Video
- Control of Mobil Robots-Video
Activity – In small collaborative groups or individually share your learning with your team and school or community. Creation instructions for the different activities are accessed by the links.
BEST Connection – make connection(s) between the lesson and BEST Robotics program
- Create an entry for your Engineering Notebook sharing what you learned from your research and how it will help your team.
- Create an infographic or poster sharing information about the different types of Gyroscopes for your Engineering Notebook
- Create a short informational movie about the use of sensors and Gyroscopes in robotics to be used in the BEST Marketing competition
Community Connection – make connection(s) between the lesson and your community
- Create a short documentary movie about Gyroscopes and sensors and how they are used in different types of autonomous robots.
- Be sure to cite the sources and resources you used for your learning and projects by creating a Bibliography page in your project with the name of the websites and URL addresses
- Be sure to include the sources and resources used in your Engineering Notebook by adding the name of the websites, books etc. and the URL address
Remember-content vocabulary: autonomic, autonomous, human interaction, order picking, zones, fulfillment, warehouse,
Understand-research to learn more about automation and autonomous
Apply-taking notes and synthesizing meaning from resources to build their knowledge
Analyze-determine the pros and cons of automation and autonomous
Evaluate-resources used for research to answer questions and develop notebook entry
Create-Engineering Notebook entry, Activity/Project completed and shared
Critical Thinking, Analyzing and Evaluating information, Creating, Writing, Research, Communication, Problem Solving, Collaboration
Automatic, autonomous, quality, controlled, human interaction, sensors strategies, gyroscopes,
methods, design, function, orientation, mapping, navigation,