2022 bESTology-Week 5
bESTology-Week 5 Choosing Your ARMs
- Automation Solutions
- Determining ARMs for function and purpose
Students will understand how automation supports the needs of warehouse and fulfillment businesses to reduce labor costs and lack of qualified employees.
Use of Autonomous Control or Controlled Robots in production for warehouse or order processing is making progress that benefits business and consumers alike. Making decisions on the types of automation and the ways robots will interact with employees and products are the key for successful automation.
Research/Reflect/Brainstorm – Time to think and expand your knowledge!
Grab your BEST Journal, notebook or online doc for notes to document your learning. Use various sources such as books, magazines, and websites from below to learn more about energy, forms of energy, consequences, and possibilities.
Use various sources such as the links and videos below, textbooks, magazines etc. to answer the
- What are the different types of Automation Solutions for warehouses and fulfillment centers?
- What are some of the considerations needed for automation?
- How do ARMs support the function and purpose of automation?
Online Resources – list all links to material useful for research about the lesson topic
- Types and Applications of Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs)
- What Are Autonomous Robots
- Autonomous Robots
- Warehouse Order Picking: 8 Strategies & Methods to Consider
- 4 Options For Designing an Automated Warehouse
- Warehouse Picking Strategies to Improve Order Fulfillment in the Warehouse
- What Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) Can & Can’t Do
- Robotic Warehouse System – The Smart Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR)-Video
- ShipBob Fulfillment Guided Tour-Video
- How Order Fulfillment Works: 11 Steps Between the Warehouse & Your House-Video
- Picking Cart Technology-Video
Activity – In small collaborative groups or individually share your learning with your team and school or community. Creation instructions for the different activities are accessed by the links.
BEST Connection – make connection(s) between the lesson and BEST Robotics program
- Create an entry for your Engineering Notebook sharing what you learned from your research and how it will help your team.
- Create an infographic or poster sharing the methods and strategies for ARMs and PLCs for your Engineering Notebook and to be used in your Marketing Presentation
- Create a chart showing the different types autonomous machines used in your community for your Engineering Notebook
Community Connection – make connection(s) between the lesson and your community
- CCreate a Public Service Announcement about automated and autonomous machines and uses
- Create a short documentary movie about the automation used in warehouses or fulfillment centers in your community
- Conduct a short interview with a warehouse or fulfillment center that uses ARMs in your community
- Be sure to cite the sources and resources you used for your learning and projects by creating a Bibliography page in your project with the name of the websites and URL addresses
- Be sure to include the sources and resources used in your Engineering Notebook by adding the name of the websites, books etc. and the URL address
Remember-content vocabulary: autonomic, autonomous, human interaction, order picking, zones, fulfillment, warehouse,
Understand-research to learn more about automation and autonomous
Apply-taking notes and synthesizing meaning from resources to build their knowledge
Analyze-determine the pros and cons of automation and autonomous
Evaluate-resources used for research to answer questions and develop notebook entry
Create-Engineering Notebook entry, Activity/Project completed and shared
Critical Thinking, Analyzing and Evaluating information, Creating, Writing, Research, Communication, Problem Solving, Collaboration
Automatic, autonomous, quality, controlled, human interaction, fulfillment, AMR, discrete, strategies, methods, PLCs, design, warehouse
My Personal Journal