2022 bESTology-Week 4
2022 bESTology-Week 4
Control? What Is In Control?
- Quality Control
- Autonomous Control VS Controlled Robots
Students will understand the difference between autonomous control and controlled robots and how these two types of robots work to provide quality of products and services
Use of Autonomous Control or Controlled Robots in production for warehouse or order processing is making progress that benefits business and consumers alike. However there is a great responsibility for maintaining quality standards. The links and videos in this lesson will help students understand ways robot are taking part in this role.
Research/Reflect/Brainstorm – Time to think and expand your knowledge!
Grab your BEST Journal, notebook or online doc for notes to document your learning. Use various sources such as books, magazines, and websites from below to learn more about energy, forms of energy, consequences, and possibilities.
Use various sources such as the links and videos below, textbooks, magazines etc. to answer the
- What is the difference between Autonomous Control and Controlled Robots?
- What are some of the considerations needed for?
- Does the type of fulfillment center or purpose for a robot dictate the way a robot is programmed for quality control?
Online Resources – list all links to material useful for research about the lesson topic
- The Difference Between Autonomous and Controlled Robots
- What Are Autonomous Robots
- Autonomous Robots
- Control of Autonomous Mobile Robots-Ebook
- Managing Quality Control with Autonomous Robots-Powder Coating
- Maximizing Quality, Minimizing ReWork using Technology
- Quality Assurance for AI, Robotics and Autonomy
- 3 Ways Autonomous Mobile Robots Can Impact Business-Verizon
- What Is Quality Control 4.0-Video
- SMART Quality Control for Manufacturing-Video
- What is a Quality Control Technician-Video
Activity – In small collaborative groups or individually share your learning with your team and school or community. Creation instructions for the different activities are accessed by the links.
BEST Connection – make connection(s) between the lesson and BEST Robotics program
- Create an entry for your Engineering Notebook sharing what you learned from your research and how it will help your team.
- Create an chart of graph of the type of order picking used in fulfillment centers for your Engineering Notebook and to be used in your Marketing Presentation
- Create a chart showing the different types autonomous machines used in your community for your Engineering Notebook
Community Connection – make connection(s) between the lesson and your community
- Create a short documentary movie about the fulfillment centers in your community sharing how they are integrated into your community
- Conduct a short interviews with warehouses in your community to identify what types of order picking are used for their products
- Be sure to cite the sources and resources you used for your learning and projects by creating a Bibliography page in your project with the name of the websites and URL addresses
- Be sure to include the sources and resources used in your Engineering Notebook by adding the name of the websites, books etc. and the URL address
Remember-content vocabulary: autonomic, autonomous, human interaction, order picking, zones, fulfillment, warehouse,
Understand-research to learn more about automation and autonomous
Apply-taking notes and synthesizing meaning from resources to build their knowledge
Analyze-determine the pros and cons of automation and autonomous
Evaluate-resources used for research to answer questions and develop notebook entry
Create-Engineering Notebook entry, Activity/Project completed and shared
Critical Thinking, Analyzing and Evaluating information, Creating, Writing, Research, Communication, Problem Solving, Collaboration
Automatic, autonomous, quality, controlled, human interaction, fulfillment, AMR, discrete