2022 bESTology-Week 2
2022 bESTology-Week 2
What Job Where?
- Types of fulfillment
- Hybrid fulfillment
- Dark fulfillment
Students will understand the different types of fulfillment processes are used with automatic and autonomous machines..
Automation has significantly modified how companies can adapt to business needs and demands. Multiple companies can now do business in the same area sharing costs and with the use of automated robots, space is minimized as the amount of space needed for humans is reduced. These types of facilities known as AMRs (Autonomous Mobile Robots) provide versatility, flexibility and cost effectiveness businesses need for fulfillment of materials.
Research/Reflect/Brainstorm – Time to think and expand your knowledge!
Grab your BEST Journal, notebook or online doc for notes to document your learning. Use various sources such as books, magazines, and websites from below to learn more about energy, forms of energy, consequences, and possibilities.
Use various sources such as the links and videos below, textbooks, magazines etc. to answer the
- What is hybrid fulfillment?
- What is dark fulfillment?
- Is there a difference between the types of automation for hybrid and dark fulfillment?
- How are humans involved with automatic and autonomous machines?
- How could automatic or autonomous machines affect human interactions in our communities?
- How will business and human needs adapt adapt to a world using autonomous and automatic machines?
Online Resources – list all links to material useful for research about the lesson topic
- What is an AMR
- The Future of Warehousing-Video
- Uses for AMR machines
- What is order fulfillment
- What is the Hybrid Fulfillment Model
- What is the Dark Fulfillment Model
- Types of AMR machines-Video
- Experimenting with Robotic Vision and Picking-Video
- Robots Packing Your Shopping-Video
Activity – In small collaborative groups or individually share your learning with your team and school or community. Creation instructions for the different activities are accessed by the links.
BEST Connection – make connection(s) between the lesson and BEST Robotics program
- Create an entry for your Engineering Notebook sharing what you learned from your research and how it will help your team.
- Create an infographic or poster sharing the differences between Automation and Autonomous energy for your Engineering Notebook and to be used in your Marketing Presentation
- Create a chart showing the different types autonomous machines used in your community for your Engineering Notebook
Community Connection – make connection(s) between the lesson and your community
- Create a Public Service Announcement about automated and autonomous machines and uses
- Create a short documentary movie about renewable energy in your community
- Conduct a short interview with a company in your community that uses a fulfillment center for their products
- Be sure to cite the sources and resources you used for your learning and projects by creating a Bibliography page in your project with the name of the websites and URL addresses
- Be sure to include the sources and resources used in your Engineering Notebook by adding the name of the websites, books etc. and the URL address
Remember-content vocabulary: autonomic, autonomous, human interaction, consistency, manual configuration, manipulate
Understand-research to learn more about automation and autonomous
Apply-taking notes and synthesizing meaning from resources to build their knowledge
Analyze-determine the pros and cons of automation and autonomous
Evaluate-resources used for research to answer questions and develop notebook entry
Create-Engineering Notebook entry, Activity/Project completed and shared
Critical Thinking, Analyzing and Evaluating information, Creating, Writing, Research, Communication, Problem Solving, Collaboration
Automatic, autonomous, hybrid, human interaction, fulfillment, AMR
My Personal Journal